Sunday, November 2, 2008

Grandma

Grandma
October 24, 2008, my Grandma Wynn Fresh passed away. She was 95 years old. Although we were all sad to see her go, we know that she is in a much better place. It brought me a lot of peace to think of the great reunion she must've had with all her family. Her parents had passed away about 50 years ago and she was the last one of her immediate family to leave this earth. What a great example she was of service, faith and hard work.
She always had her green Chevy Caprice full of her friends (many who were younger than she was) that she would drive to church every week. I remember once I got to squeeze into the taxi with everyone:) Grandma was such a hard worker. I remember her cleaning our windows with newspapers to get them extra clean. I learned that she would do some of my cousins chores when she would come to visit, either I dont remember her doing mine or I was too quick to do them (wink wink). She was also a wonderful gardner. She always had a huge garden and could make anything grow. She also loved little children. Even in her later years she would still sit on the floor and play with the kids. They all loved her. She served 2 missions, got married at 29 and still raised 5 kids. She loved to go to the temple and serve the Lord. Everyone who knew her loved her.
I was so grateful to be able to go to her funeral in Emmett, Idaho. It was nice to spend time with family. I'm so grateful for eternal families.

Kim Blackwell (cousin), Jeanna, Todd, Jody, Carter


Phillip & Tami Johnson (cousin), Dustin, Kim (cousins), Todd, Jody, Carter, and Dad
Outisde the church
October 31, 2008
Todd, Grandma, Jeanna, Scott



Grandma Fresh, Dad, Katelyn, Kaleb, and Jeanna at the Mesa, AZ temple. It was fun to go to the temple in the spring time with Grandma when the flowers were all a bloom... she could tell you the name of any flower.



Mothers day a few years ago
Me and Grandma




5 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

Cute pictures. I don't remember seeing some of those. The one at the temple is great because she LOVED to look at the flowers. Mom would take her to MCC too and look at all the rose bushes in the front.

Kam said...

Jeanna Beanna! I can't believe you were right here in Emmett Idaho... You drove past our house on the freeway, just 7 miles off from the exit. So close!
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I remember you talking about her and spending time with her when we lived together. She must have been a very special lady!

Robin said...

What a sweet tribute Jeanna! I am sure it would make your grandmother smile! Glad you could be there for the funeral.

Jaime S. said...

your g'ma sounds like an awesome lady!

Unknown said...

You're family rocks! I chose wisely. I love you Jeanna!