Monday, September 14, 2009

Saying goodbye to an old friend...

Yes, I am talking about my Honda Civic.She was getting old and had a lot of miles on her. Her paint was fading and her name tag even popped off. Then one day her timing belt broke and that was the end. The end of an era with my civic.

This is not the exact car but it helps me remember her since I didnt get to say proper good-byes. The side of the freeway just isnt the best place to say farewell.



Here she is after our wedding reception







I wish I had more pictures of her.

And finally here she is at her old home in Mesa.
I spent a lot of time with you and you wi ll be greatly missed. I guess its time to move on though. You were wonderful while you lasted and I truly loved driving you. Thanks for all your hard work all these years. Good-bye.



3 comments:

Aaron said...

Say it ain't so Jean! Your lil' green civic was the best! I fear my lil' white '98 civic is headed for the same fate someday but I'm postponing the inevitable as long as possible. I've got 99,753 miles on it and I'm taking the bus as much as I can to postpone that big 100K and lengthen its life. What's next for you? An Odyssey?

jeanna eggers said...

Aaron, Our civic had 181,000 miles on it. All I can say is that your car has lots of life left, just spend the 3-400 to chg the timing belt and you'll be glad you did. We are going to try out the 1 car family thing for now. I'm not sure we're quite to mini-van status yet :)

Robin said...

So you got stranded along the side of the road? 181 K miles is amazing. Hondas are the best.