Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Great News! No more Vegas!
As some of you may know, I have been traveling to Las Vegas/Henderson for work a few times a month. I started going in April and my last time was a few weeks ago. Last time I was there, work informed me that they hired someone, who actually lives in Nevada!!! :) Although I was not super excited to travel for work, sometimes you just have to take one for the team. However, there were some good things that came of this.
  • I became very good and fast at parking my car in the long term parking lot at the San Jose Airport (which took me about 8 minutes from my house to the lot). I decided that taking a cab was not worth the time I saved after having a few strange/inappropriate chats with cab drivers.
  • I know the ins-n-outs of the LasVegas Airport and Rental Car Facility
  • I got lots of frequent flyer points through Southwest
  • I got to visit a few friends and go to dinner with them while I was there...Kellie from work and Shelby and her new husband Devin.
  • I got good at packing very quickly the night before, but usually the morning of.
  • I was finally able to open the heavy door into the hotel with all my stuff without help.
  • But most of all, it made me appreciate driving to work (instead of flying), sleeping in my own bed and coming home to Jason at the end of the day!



2 comments:

Robin said...

what a relief.. I hate traveling for work. I am glad you are finished with that chapter for awhile. How fun that you got to spend time with Shelby though.

Jaime S. said...

congrats jeanna, I'm glad that you don't have to do that anymore!