Friday, October 3, 2008

Early to bed, early to rise

We have all heard this saying. Well I have never been a believer or a big fan. Recently Jason was called to be one of the Seminary teachers in our stake. This requires him to teach the Freshmen and Sophomores about the gospel at 6am every morning before school and work. Needless to say, Jason gets up very early. Alot earlier than I do. But, I thought this would be a good opportunity to see if I could appreciate waking up early.



So a few weeks ago I got up and brought in a treat to Seminary. I didnt have to work that day so my plans were to take the treats and then go back to bed. To my surprise, I wasnt tired when I got home so I got a few things done instead of going back to sleep and felt quite good about myself. Since then I have tried to wake up earlier to exercise. I have not done this everyday by any means but I have done it, and some is better than none and I always feel good when I do it. So I am writing this to remind myself of the good things I can do in the morning and how good I feel if I can just get out of bed. The reward is, if I have done nothing else today atleast I got up and exercised and that feels good! Does anyone have any good ideas on how to motivate yourself to get up early?? Please share if you do.


3 comments:

Aaron said...

Way to go Eggers! Welcome to the clan of early risers. It is an exclusive club with lots of benefits. I too am an early riser. It started with my first job. I liked being the first few people to get in and knock some things off my plate before all the meetings and distractions. Tara has also been getting up earlier but her motivation is to feed a screaming monkey boy or make sure someone doesn't destroy something :-)

Rasmussen Family said...

Getting has become routine but not fun. Those little babies don't have a snooze button anywhere. I have the early to rise down, now I just need to work on early to bed and maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I love getting up early when I've had a good nights sleep...the problem I have is sleeping good. But that's a side affect from loosing Trinity... :(