Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Passed!!

About a month ago, Jason and I drove to Sacramento so that I could take a very long and overly dramatic test for my California hearing aid dispensers license. Jason and I could not speak to each other and had to sit on opposite sides of the waiting area. We sat in that waiting area about 3 1/2 hrs.

The bureau said that they would contact us by phone by Oct 22nd if we failed so that we could re-apply for the next test. Well they called me the 21st and I was just sick when the receptionist told me who was calling. I disappointedly said hello and the lady said,

"what can I say to you to make your day today??"
I said, "that I passed??"
She said, "I'm calling to tell you that you do not have to re-apply for the next test."
"OK....so are you saying I passed???"
She finally said, "yes you passed!"

OK then just say so I thought!!!
Anyway short story long. I passed!!! Yeah!!! What a relief!! Jason and I went to a cute little Italian restaurant on El Camino to celebrate and then to Savemart to save some money on groceries. It was a good day!!

5 comments:

tarable said...

Hooray! Congratulations, Jean. Amazing news that you passed & that you don't have to go to LV, both in the same week. Thinking about you all the time.

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Congrats for passing! And Congrats for no more traveling to Vegas! Wow, what a busy life you've been having. So when are we getting together again with you guys?

Michelle said...

congrats! That's great news and thumbs up on saving money on groceries. woo-hoo.

Rachel said...

Congrats! So you checked out savemart huh? We love it! What did you think?

Robin said...

Congratulations on passing the test... I would hate for you to have to go through all of that again.. especially the part of having to be in the same room as Jason, but not being able to sit by him!