Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Be Prepared

I found this link on a friends blog and thought it was really interesting regarding all this bailout stuff. Kinda scary! Check it out. What do you think??


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IlmxihdnLQ


I dont think anyone really knows how all this will affect the U.S. in the long run but I do know that we are living in hard times and we need to be prepared as best as we can. I have recently re-visited getting our 3 month supply together. I found this great blog thats been helping me tackle our 3 month supply. Its straight forward and simple...just what I need. If anyone has any good blogs or websites that have helped them or ideas, or recipes for non-perishables, or whatever please share.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks. That clip was really interesting. The 3 month supply plan from the blog is a great idea. I think that's what I'll do. I've been trying to figure out the best way. Thanks for the tip. We got our water canisters today! Hooray.

sherry said...

I think a lot of us have been kind of scared into obeying this particular commandment a little more quickly than we would normally;)I have borrowed my sister's pressure cooker and have been canning meat like a mad woman, and when I sent my husband to Walmart for more jars, they were out! A little bit telling. I just learned to make homemade bread, am grinding some of my year's supply wheat, and canning butter as well. And I have been trying just this week to get a three month supply of medication in case all 5 of my kids come down with something nasty and we don't have a pharmacy available. There are so many scenarios to consider. It is a little daunting. I am just trying to do as much as I can...