Monday, April 27, 2009

Catching up

Here's a few things that have been going on lately...

(out of order of course...I hate how blogger adds pictures to the top and not the bottom...anyone else or is it just me??)


1-I'm growing. I just started using this rubberband trick. It is wonderful.
If you havent used it and are pregnant, try it. If you're not pregnant and dont know about this trick, remember it, you'll be glad you did! #2-We planted a little garden on our porch. We have some pansies, cilantro, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, bell pepper and squash. We'll see how they do. Some of the pansies have already died believe it or not. As far as I know pansies are supposed to be really easy to grow, but I think they need full sun and our porch doesnt have that so I'm blaming our lack of sun, not my gardening skills. Is that wrong?

I'm sure we'll have to do some re-planting or trans-planting as the plants grow. The tomato plant is almost as high as the railing already after only about a week and a half!! Then for my favorite thing so far...picking fresh cilantro as needed for our dinners. Love it!






(This picture doesnt count as a # but I thought some of Jason's family would like this picture)

The story goes that Jason made some peanut butter cookies back in high school and did some serious smacking in the kitchen while his sister Michelle tried to take a nap on the couch. And then loud enough so his sleeping sister could hear he said,"Peeeeanut-licious!" And thats how "peanutlicious" came about. Of course it can be adapted to whatever you are smacking on at the time :)


#3-We found a new favorite burger place. St. John's Restaurant in Sunnyvale. They have 1/2 price burgers on Saturdays. We had a delightful lunch a few weeks ago eating on the patio. The weather was warm and perfect. The burgers were great, especially the spicy "Beg for Mercy" Burger, right Jason??



#4-We went on a great hike (Mission Peak) a few weeks ago when the weather was warm. The hills were still green and view was spectacular. This is me choking on my water but the concentrate on the view :)

We saw a few cows

and turkeys

cool views


and more turkeys.


And we even found a Geocache! What is a geocache you might ask. I did. I shouldn't have though since I'm married to a geographer :). Its a box full of stuff to be found by posterity or the next hiker, maybe like a time capsule. It had a few things that people had left (I cant remember what though) and a pad of paper to write a little message.


I decided to write a little note. And Jason left his "For the Strength of Youth" Pamphelet inside the box for the next visitor

Taking a break. I loved this hike but it was quite steep and I am out of shape. I should've worked harder at getting in shape before I got pregnant, what was I thinking?? Here's my belly starting to stick out :) Also a huge shout out to Jason for staying with me and being understanding when I wanted to just do the loop instead of going all the way to the top.
I know he really wanted to go to the top. I think getting burgers afterwards may have made up for it though :) I know I'm a light weight, dang!

4 comments:

Robin said...

You look adorable.. you feel like your belly is sticking out more than it is. I like your rubber band idea.. I will use that next time. I love going on hikes with great scenery...AZ is just not the place for me to be forever:)

tarable said...

You totally stole that idea from Janee! I swear she never even wore maternity stuff. You're looking good!

I totally want to do geocaching when the boys are a little older. There's another thing like it....um, called letterboxing or something. Glad you had fun and that Jason's taking care of your exercising needs.

anotherhale said...

I thought the picture of the rubber band trick was of Jason gaining some simpathy weight... JK. If he does start to put on some pounds you can remind him to use it to though.

sherry said...

I love your cute little belly. CAll me crazy, but that little pooch just makes me emotional! Maybe I am just hormonal. But I love it when other people get to have babies. Especially first babies. When your belly starts to poke out just a little bit. It is sooo cute!