Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wedding, Home & Springtime

Here's a few things from about a month ago but for posterity I wanted to post them. Jason and I were lucky to be able to come home for Katie and Tony's wedding. Of course we squeezed some friend and family time in too!!
We decided to visit my brother Todd at the Coffee Bean where he works. Our presence was defintiely known in this small, quaint, yuppy, Scottsdale establishment :) Usually people come in one by one for their morning coffee, but we came in a group of 7, stroller and all for our fruity drinks (not coffee) which were delicious by the way. I wanted to get a picture of Todd behind the counter but I thought that might have been too much :) The weather was perfect to sit outside for a mid-morning smoothie.



Mom, Dad, and Kaleb


Katelyn, Carter, Jody and me.



silly kids in the car


cute kids in the car

We also celebrated Katelyn and Kaleb's birthdays by going to the Olive Garden. No, Kirk did not lose his front two teeth, just brownie :)


Now for the main event...


Good thing I wasnt the photographer because somehow I didnt get a good picture of Katie and Tony, what?? The wedding was very nicely put together and the reception was so perfect I thought, with fancy cakes (which I didnt get a picture of), dance floor, live salsa music, great food, beautiful bride and gorgeous weather.





I wish you could see Katie's dress better. It was so beautiful. Katie always has such great style.




Now for my favorite wildflower...The Bluebonnet



My love for these wildflowers started on my mission that I served for my church in Houston, Texas. There are huge fields of them everywhere in the springtime. Again, somehow I did not come home with any pictures of them.



I tried to grow them in Mesa and Salt Lake when I came home from my mission but I was never successful....but my mom was. My mom grew this one Bluebonnet in her backyard. I was so thrilled to see one after all these years. Also my cousin Cameo lives in Houston and had tons of Bluebonnet pics on her blog. Check it out. In fact below is a picture I "stole" as a sample (thanks, Cameo)





The California Poppy is also becoming one of my favorites. I just planted some vegetables and herbs in a box on our porch. More on that later...
Isnt Spring wonderful!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bluebonnets too! Not enough to try and grow them:)