Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Count your MANY blessings

I have been thinking about a talk that was given at church on Sunday. A Senior missionary couple told of their experiences on their humanitarian mission in Ethiopia. They talked about not having clean water to drink. Mothers would walk miles a day to fetch water from a dirty water hole everyday. Many kids would die before the age of 5 due to parasites and bacteria from the dirty water. One of their projects was to get clean water to these people. I thought of all the things I take for granted...

clean running water
food to eat
air conditioning
plumbing
a roof over my head
carpet
that I can read and write
transportation
that I live in a free country
the fact that I feel safe where I live
peace in our country (for the most part)

This is just a very short list of things that came to my mind as I listened to this couple speak. I am very blessed!! I have also been reading the Kiterunner, which has also brought some of these blessings to my mind as well. We are so blessed!!

P.S. As requested...this post was done by Jeanna :)

4 comments:

tarable said...

So true - I have been wanting to post a little about that talk too, even though I only heard parts of it. Dang kids!

Too bad I don't know who wrote this post.... Jason or Jeanna.

Michelle said...

AMEN! I read A thousand Splendid Suns and was too reminded of how blessed we are to live in this country.

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I am proud to be an American!
For at least I know I'm free!
And I wont forget the men who died!
Who gave that right to me!

That song gives me the chills everytime I hear it. I love our country!

Robin said...

thanks for the reminder.. I easily forget to be thankful for such wonderful conveniences myself.