Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One year ago...

on Wed. August 29th, Jason flew out to Phx and we met face to face for the first time right outside the C Gates security at Sky Harbor Airport.

This past weekend we were accidentally in the same spot we were one year ago. We flew to Phoenix for the long weekend to visit my family. As we walked out of security I realized that it was a year ago that we were in that same spot. So I said to Jason, "hey do remember this? Do you remember where we were a year ago?" And of course, he said what are you talking about :) Then he stopped and pulled out a card and this rose out of his carryon and we had a little moment in the airport once again, one year later, to the date. How grateful I am for Jason in my life. How grateful I am that he came to Phx for the first time in August and spent a 115 degree day with me :)

5 comments:

tarable said...

Ahhhhh, so sweet. Everyone who knows you guys is thankful that you both waited for the right person to come into your lives. It was great to see you last weekend.

I told Aaron about this post and he said, "Ohhhhhhhh, he's her lobster."
(E-mail me if you don't know that reference.)

Michelle said...

Just like in the movies. So tender. The best would've been "total eclipse of the heart" playing in the background.

Rasmussen Family said...

At the very moment I was reading your post the Ingred Michelson "Way that I am" song was playing on our computer- which reminds me of your guys (and your wedding). You guys are so cute!!! So cute that we would love to see you everyday :)

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

We're all glad to have you in Jason's life too...you two are just a perfect match for eachother!

Robin said...

That is so sweet! What a thoughtful guy you married. Can you believe it has already been over a year? I remember when you were in the back seat of our car telling us about how you had been emailing Jason and you were going to meet him.