Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bargain shopper??

So today I was a coupon shopper. Heres how it went. I went to CVS Pharmacy.

My friend emailed me a $5 off a $20 purchase coupon, (here it is-it expires 2/27/10 so take advantage of it) so I printed it off before I went to the store
Next I filled out their form for extra bucks (which only took about 30 sec, I was surprised). I guess you get points for spending money and free bucks later.

Then I found my items:

**3 boxes of Cheerios, reg price 2.99, on sale for 1.99 and I had $1 off so Cheerios were $1 a box, not bad.
**1 pkg of diapers, reg price 11.99 (for 80 diapers) I had a $1.50 off coupon so Diapers were $10.50 for 80 (about reg price-I think I use my other diaper coupons at Wal-mart).
**vitamins for baby $10
**air freshner $5
** then finally my $5 off $20 purchase.

So I spent $25 out of pocket which I thought wasnt too bad for an amateur. I figured that the vitamins, diapers and air freshner would've been $25, so I got my Cheerios for free :)!!It took some planning and help from my friend Nicky but I'd try it again. Thanks Nicky.

Btw I made a mistake...my diapers were $10.50 for only 40 diapers not 80...oops!! That would've been an awesome deal huh?

2 comments:

Nicky said...

I think you did really well, especially for your first time! And that's a great price for diapers -- looks like I missed out on that one! :)

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

NIIIICE!!!! Sounds like you got some great deals!!!